Sheila Weinberg, the Founder and CEO of Truth in Accounting http://www.truthinaccounting.org/about/page/staff
LEAWOOD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE: CEO of AdamsGabbert Appointed Chair of Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas Governing Board
Leawood Chamber of Commerce issued the following announcement on July 1.
Denise Kruse, CEO and owner of AdamsGabbert, has been appointed as Chair of the Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas Governing Board. Kruse succeeds David Putz who recently resigned after serving four years with the local chapter and helped grant over 419 wishes last year.
Denise’s professional experience, prior to owning and operating AdamsGabbert, included building and managing a $400M+ division of a Fortune 100 company. With a passion for making a difference in her community, Denise was honored as a KC Woman Who Means Business in 2006 and a KC Woman of Influence in 2008.
In the past 30+ years of both corporate general management and entrepreneurial growth experience, Denise has served on numerous nonprofit and civic boards; including Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas, which she joined in 2015. During her involvement with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Denise has heavily influenced and contributed to the success of the local chapter including:
- Personally responsible for bringing in over $150,000 of revenue for the local chapter, helping fund 15 wishes
- Co-founding chair of the inaugural Bubble Ball for Wishes Sake gala, co-chair of the second annual event and currently sits on the Executive Leadership Team for this year’s third annual
- The second annual Bubble Ball for Wishes Sake doubled in revenue and growth under her leadership, raising over $275,000
- Instrumental in cultivating partnerships with volunteers, key donors and companies, including AMC, Hallmark and UMB Bank
- Member of the Governing Board during the realignment with the Kansas chapter to form Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas
The decision to appoint Denise Kruse as Board Chair has been greatly supported by the other members of the Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas Governing Board and leaders within Make-A- Wish. “Denise has served our Chapter territory with dedication and we are excited to welcome her in the role of Board Chair. Her adept leadership and unwavering commitment will have a profound, positive impact on our organization as we transform lives, one wish at a time,” said Caroline Schmidt, Interim CEO of Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas.
For more information about Make-A-Wish Missouri & Kansas, visit mokan.wish.org.
Original source can be found here.
Want to get notified whenever we write about Leawood Chamber of Commerce ?
Sign-up Next time we write about Leawood Chamber of Commerce, we'll email you a link to the story. You may edit your settings or unsubscribe at any time.